In Short : To manage, direct, control and process the company’s payroll and all other payroll related duties
- Coordination and management of entire payroll function.
- Manage and supervise direct reports within the Payroll Team.
- Assist with administering payrolls (month end consolidation and processing support as required).
- Checking and auditing of all payrolls, ensuring legislative & award compliance (tax compliance, superannuation etc).
- Reporting – Supporting Internal reporting requirements eg. Annual leave & Intercompany reports etc.
- Projects as required ie. continual improvement and standardization of payroll operations and systems.
- Manage Company Benefit programs eg Novated Lease, Superannuation, Medical if applicable.
Possible additional responsibilities/accountabilities:
- Calculation and payment of termination payments (resignation/retirement/redundancy).
- Payment and reconciliation of bonus payments.
- Calculation, payment and reconciliation of payroll tax and group tax.
- Administration, calculation, payment and reconciliation of all superannuation contributions.
- Liaison with management and staff regarding all pay enquiries.
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly General Ledger wages journals.
- Preparation and reconciliation of payment summaries.
- Develop and update payroll reference manual for managers.
- Perform system upgrades.
- Ensure prompt maintenance of staff records at all times including archiving and filing.
- Preparation of ad hoc reports as required.
- Liaise with HR re staff appointments, terminations, remuneration, conditions of service and other relevant matters.
- Workers compensation co-ordination i.e. process, monitor and file all claims and prepare payments.
Competencies required (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Comprehensive and working knowledge of payroll systems.
- Demonstrated payroll management experience.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to create, review and supply policies and procedures.
- Legislative and award compliance – ability to interpret relevant awards and legislation.
- Business process improvement experience.
- Problem solving.
- Analytical skills.
- Numeracy skills – reconciliations and statistics.
- Customer Service focus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Project Management.